Dance team tryout information:
- There will be one spring tryout from which incoming 7th graders and 8th graders will be chosen for the dance team. This tryout is normally in April or early May. Please watch the school announcements for further information.
- The squad can consist of 12-20 members. The try out will take place in the dance room at WWMS. Possible alternates could be added for Football/Basketball season. These alternates will not compete with the team during competition season. Alternates can be picked based on score, or availability.
- You MUST have a physical form on file to tryout. You must also have a permission for turned into the coach
- Practices are twice a week and may include other days as needed. Saturday practices are often added as well. Summer dance classes are required for WWMS dance team members.
- We will start formal/mandatory practice in August – but different summer practices are mandatory to perform at camp and other summer events.
- We will be having our own Summer Dance Camp- here at WWMS ( this is not an overnight camp)
- The months of June/July/August will include fundraising activities and MANTORY choreography practices. These dates will be released after the team is chosen.
- Competition season runs from December – March. Specific competition dates are not released until September each year.
Coach: Ashley Murphy
Phone: 219.836.6260 x 2220